Oakwood School is a primary specialist provision for children aged 3 - 11 years with complex educational needs.
We pride ourselves in providing a safe, stimulating and nurturing learning environment where we help our children to learn in bespoke and innovative ways to ensure optimum progression.
Our highly qualified staff coupled with our forward-thinking approach to resources and technology, allow children to communicate and participate in the world around them.
We promote a wide range of high quality learning experiences, catering for all learning styles so that no child is ever left behind.
At Oakwood everyone is valued and treated with respect and is encouraged to be the best they can possibly be.
Mrs Kate Bargh Mrs Jackie King
Executive Headteacher Head of School
All stakeholders work together to sustain excellence in all that we do.
- Recognise and meet the individual needs and potential of every pupil, in all aspects of life and learning, through a professional and caring approach.
- Allow pupils to develop confidence through a range of activities in a safe environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
- Build strong supportive teams, by working together with parents and health professionals and so provide a holistic approach to learning.
- Think “outside the box” and try new ideas to continually raise standards.
- Equip children and families with the knowledge, skills, independence and resilience to face future challenges.
- Aim high and celebrate achievement enthusiastically.
Please note that a paper copy of the information found on this website is available on request.
Latest School Events Events
- Online Safety Training at Rushall19Jul2018
12:00 am - 1:00 am
Contact the school office if you are interested in booking on
- School Closes for Summer20Jul2018
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Staff Training Day (School closed to all pupils)23Jul2018
- Staff Training Day (School closed to all pupils)24Jul2018
- Staff Training Day (School closed to all pupils)03Sep2018
Visioning, Key Policies & Health & Safety
- School Re-opens04Sep2018
Oakwood School News
- Welcome to our new website. We will continue updating our new website with more information for children and families. Please let us know what you would like to see on our website.
Staff Training Days 2018 - 2019
Monday 3rd September 2018 - Visioning, Key Policies & Health & Safety
Monday 5th November 2018 - Safeguarding - North Star Federation
Friday 23rd November 2018 - Swimming S.T.A. & First Aid
Friday 21st December 2018 - Departmental Training
Monday 25th February 2019 - Maths